Monday, September 19, 2005

You know it is hot when...

...You find a squirrel all spread out on the street under a tree, panting!

So there you go. For those who still hadn't grasped the concept of what a 100F heat feels like - observe this creature. The first moment I saw it, I almost thought it was actually dead because it was spread out like a rug on a living room floor and not moving (I also hoped it wasn't a mighty big rat as I went closer for a look!)





It sensed my presence and looked at me cautiously, trying to decide if it should make a dash up the tree or not. Finally, it decided that it was way too hot to do so and went back to its "spread" position.

After a while, I think it got annoyed at me circling so it eventually climbed a bit further up, closer to the tree and spread itself out again on the twigs. *Sorry, Mr. Squirrel*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With squirrels so docile, i'm surprised they don't serve it BBQ'd!

I'm sure the Chinese would love a 炖大尾鼠 (double-boiled squirrel soup)! :)

9/20/2005 5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home