Sunday, August 28, 2005

6 Flags

What's "6 Flags" you ask? Well... ever heard of Magic Mountain?

6 Flags theme parks operate throughout the US and there are marine parks, waterworlds and of course rollercoaster theme parks!! That's exactly where I went on Saturday afternoon - 6 Flags over Texas.



After talking to someone from work about this, I decided to go check it out myself on the weekend. Took me about half an hour to drive there and when I saw the place, I knew I was in for one heck of a ride (or mutiple rides...!!).

The place was HUGE. I could see the rollercoaster from like miles away (literally). you pay for entry to the park and after that all rides in the park are free, for as many time as you want. So pressumbly, people get there in the morning and stay until it closed (around 8pm on Sat).


I was quite in my element there - no shortage of rides. While there were quite a lot of people around, I was actually at an adventage being alone. There were actually queues (or lines as the Americans call them) specially for single riders! So I got to go onto the Superman Tower of Power in about 5 minutes of arriving at the queue. ACE.

My favourite had to be the Texas Giant and I could see why it had been named the #1 wooden rollercoaster in the world. I couldn't say for the world, but undoubtly it was GOOD. It was 143 feet tall (around 43m) and what a ride!! 2 minutes and the ride was over, but let me tell you, there were no dull moments out of that 120 seconds.

Then there was the Titan. Not as tall, but the drops were steeper and faster. I actually had to make an effort to maintain balance when I came off the train.


And it was here that I came across one of the best invention ever for a day out at a theme park - a refillable plastic cup with a strew you can tuck away complete with a belt clip. Basically you had the option of buying one that allowed you free refill at any of the food outlets for soft drinks throughout the day; Or you could buy one that costed you 99c per refill. A plastic belt clip was provided so you can holster the cup like a pistol... Perfect for the sizzling Texas summer weather!! Even just getting ice would have been worth it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Winnie said...

The dancing old guy's at the Dallas one too???! He sure gets around.

8/30/2005 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home